Experimenting with Block Editors

Through building my own note taking app I came into contact with quite a few web-based WYSIWYG editors.

Rich text edtors are famously exceptionally hard to build. In particular there seems to be a noticeable gap in related web standards and a bunch of resulting inter-browser or platform compability issues.

For investigating potential candidates for my own note taking app, I expanded an especially nice looking block editor I found on GitHub with a math block functionality.

For that I used KaTeX and added useful auto-formatting and a math editing UI to the editor.




One response to “Experimenting with Block Editors”

  1. […] the post Experimenting with Block Editors, I already showcased the LaTeX extension I built.I since improved it by quite a bit and also added […]